The iCinema Centre for Interactive Cinema Research undertakes immersive and interactive projects through the use of next generation AI technologies to re-imagine new forms of creation, design and production.
- Multidisciplinary centre bridging key research areas across the Faculties of Art & Design, Art & Social Sciences, Engineering, Science and NIDA.
- World leading expertise in Artificial Intelligence, AR, VR, Mobility and Robotics
- Frontier 3D Cinematic, Modelling, Printing, Scanning and Robotic platforms
- Global network of cutting-edge research and industry partners
iCinema has facilitated the application of next-generation immersive interactivity applications in contemporary art, cultural heritage, defence memorialisation, digital museology and mining simulation. These applications have contributed to Australia’s international leadership in transformative aesthetic advances that translate cutting-edge visualisation research into industry application. Enabling end-users to explore interactive modelling of fictional and real-world scenarios in real-time at cinematic 1:1 scale through full-body physical exploration, supported by artificial intelligence systems. Providing innovative visualisation modalities greatly sought after in a world increasingly reliant on joint human and machine decision-making facilitated through modelling of unpredictable real-world scenarios.
- Art AI Installation for Open Art Cologne/Dusseldorf, Cologne
- Construction Safety 3D Cinematic System for Brookfield Multiplex, Sydney
- Cultural Heritage Installation for the International Architecture Biennale Amsterdam, Amsterdam
- Design Prototyping 3D Cinematic System for WSP, Sydney
- Mine Training and Planning 3D Cinematic Systems for China Technology & Engineering Group, Fushun
Capabilities and Resources
- 360 degree full-body AR and VR Cinematic Platforms
- Wide range of Head Mounted Display systems
- Ultra High-Definition 5K fixed and mobile 2D/3D scanning systems
- Advanced Robotic Interaction facilities
- Interface for seamless communication between physical and virtual worlds
Scientia Professor Dennis Del Favero, Chair Professor of Digital Innovation
iCinema Research Centre
Phone number: +61 (0) 412468645